I'm getting pretty bad at this blog thing - mostly because nothing too interesting happens during my days at work so I don't have much to write about.
So here's a brief recap of my week:
Monday I worked and then had a god awful class. A guy from Fox News came to talk to us and was soo incredibly cynical about journalism and life in general he was just horrible to listen to. he made me feel like he was constantly pissed off, oh and that the journalism school was absolutely pointless. GK kinda looked like he was fuming. He also made the comment that newspaper writing wasn't a task for geniuses - anyone can do it. that's not okay in GK's book. This guy did say that advertising is the most exciting part of the business right now - so that was good to hear.
Tuesday I went out all day to a live shoot for Live Hair color. Pretty much stood in the middle of a street lined with stores and picked pretty girls with pretty hair out of the crowd and talked them into entering our competition to be the next "Hair Icon" and get on a video camera, tell a joke and who they were and what they liked about their hair. (the videos are eventually posted online). So that was fun! I didn't do too much tuesday night.
Wednesday after work Stew and I had dinner at an irish pub - O'Neil's and I had a great chicken and mushroom crock pot, with mashed potatoes and aged cheddar cheese melted on top. Then other people met up with us and we watched the Germany vs. Turkey football game. great game for those of you who don't know - 1-1 at half, then Germany scored at some point in the 2nd half. With two minutes left Turkey scored, then with 20 seconds left Germany got the winning goal.. it was great!
Today I was super busy at work, I didn't get off until 7:30! I'm working on a pretty big EA Games project right now and it requires a ton of work that we didn't anticipate until we kind of got hit with it today.. so Jennie (one supervisor) and I went to a good Italian restaurant for lunch (thanks Bauer) and talked through some stuff, then went back and did most of our project.
Since I didn't get home until after 8 tonight, I just made a good dinner and relaxed. I chatted with Kaylin's family's friend's daughters who were in town - they were really nice and cute.
Now I'm going to bed.... tomorrow night I'm going to sleep as soon as I get home from work and pack because Kaylin and I are getting on a bus at 3:10am saturday morning to go to the airport and then to PRAGUE!!!! I'm SO excited. So.. I'm sure the next time I post something it'll be about my weekend in Prague on sunday!
Cheers x
No comments:
Post a Comment