Friday was of course pointless. One of the women on our team left Bauer and friday was her last day. We had a going away lunch planned but her wisdom teeth were taken out the day before so she wasn't up for lunch.. we went anyway. We went to an Italian place where the owner thinks our team lead, Rob, is part of the mob and someone important so he always gets perfect service.. haha. Lunch lasted 3 hours, then I went back and Morgan and I stuffed some envelopes and left. Friday night I picked up some champagne, the girls got a cake, and we hung up a huge banner that Ally made at work in our flat for Kaylin's bday surprise. We all went to a pub and met her there late and came back for the surprise. Kay and I went downstairs to say hi to the guys in order to waste time so the girls could get the flat ready to surprise her.. So I eventually got a call from Emily that I figured would say - hey we're ready, come up - but instead I answer the phone to "Jen, seriously the house is about to burn down, get up here NOW" so I made up some random excuse for a reason to run upstairs. We surprised her, had cake and champagne and all went to bed.. it was great.
Saturday Stew and I met at 10 and went to the V&A museum that's full of art, artifacts, fashion and jewelry!! There were necklaces that had HUGE stones on them that were just gorgeous. Then we grabbed chinese food on the way to the British Museum. We walked around the British museum for a while and saw a lot - even a half decayed body from the Egyptian times - slightly gross but cool! I took a picture.
After all of that I came back, showered and got ready for dinner and a show with Kay and her parents. We went to the Wosley and had fantastic seafood.. I got the halibut and then this incredible baked cheesecake with fresh made hot chocolate sauce - it was sooooo good. Then we went to see Grease. Kaylin's mom equated it to a high school production, it didn't really go with the movie and parts were inserted that were definitely not in the movie.. I enjoyed it but it wasn't as good as it could've been.. better than a night at home though! After the show, we met up with the rest of the girls, and Catherine who was visiting this weekend, in Picadilly and went to On and On - a night club with 9 different bars. It was a BLAST, we had so much fun!
Today was filled with rest and sleeping and lounging.. just what I needed! I still need to write my paper =( but class doesn't start until 7 tomorrow night though so I have enough time to get a rough draft started. This week consists of a load of laundry, possible a show wednesday night and the BARCELONA!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment